I'm often asked for what I cook for my family to eat or for a good recipe for all kinds of things. I've also been encouraged to start a blog. So... as a very non-threatening way to venture into the blogging universe, here it is. Expect nothing very grand or very personal. Only expect to know what we're eating at the Stombaugh house. Maybe someday I'll be wise enough and secure enough to post lofty thoughts and inspirations but for now, here's a great recipe for homemade Pimiento Cheese!
Pimiento Cheese (makes 2 cups)
1 cup mayonnaise (I much prefer Hellman's)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (or a sprinkle of True Lemon and a teaspoon of water)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I always use Ground Chipotle Chili pepper-- it adds a bit of smokiness)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
8 ounces Colby cheese, grated (2 cups)
8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (2 cups) (If you have little ones, mild cheddar might be better)
1 (4-oz) jar chopped pimientos, drained
salt and freshly ground black pepper
hot pepper sauce.
Mix together the mayo, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne and Worcestershire. Add the cheeses and pimientos blending thoroughly to combine. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
I eat mine on thin, lightly toasted wheat bread and it's also great on Triscuits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay, Lori! I'm so glad that you're doing this! And I can't wait to try out ALL of these recipes - they look so good. I don't know how I missed it when you started your blog... have you told folks you're blogging? Looking forward to seeing more of your kitchen,
M
Post a Comment